Event management is a constantly changing, fast-paced industry. It is imperative for an event manager to stay up to date with the latest technology, trends, and advances while also mastering the fundamental basics.
What does it take to become a successful event manager in India?
Here are some tips to become an event manager:
- First and foremost, it is important to have a strong network of contacts within the industry, and it can help you get your foot in the door and learn about new opportunities as they arise.
- It is important to be well-organized and have a good eye for detail. Event management can be a very detail-oriented field, so it is vital to be able to stay on top of things.
- Finally, it is also important to be creative and have a strong marketing sense. This will help you attract new clients and create successful events.
What are the key skills and qualities you need?
Many skills and qualities are important for success in any field. However, some are more important than others, depending on the field. But how to become an event manager and acquire the skills needed for this industry? One should keep in mind that the essential skills and qualities vary from field to field, but some of them are:
- Critical thinking and sound decision making
- Being able to work independently and take initiative
- Having good organisational skills
- Being able to communicate effectively
- Having a strong work ethic
- Being able to problem solve
- Being able to stay calm under pressure
- Industry knowledge and experience
These are just a few of the key skills and qualities indispensable for success in any field.
There are many tips for success, but here are the top three:
- Set your goals high and be passionate about achieving them.
- Stay focused and don’t get distracted by things that don’t matter.
- Believe in yourself and never give up when things get tough.
How can you make your events more successful?
There are many things you can do to make your events more successful. Here’s a list of another set of tips to become an event manager:
- One of the most important tips is to make sure that you promote your event well. Make sure to create a good marketing plan and put up posters and flyers around town. You can also create a website or Facebook page for your event.
- Another important thing to keep in mind is the timing of your event. Make sure it doesn’t conflict with any other events happening in town and that it’s at a time when people are available. For example, don’t hold an event on a Monday night when most people are at work.
- Finally, make sure to have a good selection of activities and attractions for people to enjoy. It will help keep them occupied and make them more likely to stay for the entire event. Make sure to have a variety of activities so that everyone can find something they enjoy.
The event management industry in India is poised to grow at a rate of 25-30% by 2023. A plethora of opportunities are there for experienced professionals who excel at their craft in this domain.
But how does one acquire the skills, accreditation and the necessary knowledge to be successful in the industry? In short – how to become an event manager in India, and which route to pick?
Whistling Woods International (WWI) School Of Event Management is one of the premier institutes, and we provide a multi-dimensional understanding and expertise on event management courses in Mumbai. WWI offers two programmes:
BBA in Event Management | 3 Years
The three-year BBA in Event Management programme is designed for students interested in pursuing academic studies in the fields of event management, experiential marketing, and live entertainment.
Enrol Now: BBA in Event Management | 3 Years
MBA in Event Management & Experiential Marketing | 2 Years
The MBA program is an advanced study of Event Management and Experiential Marketing, that teaches concepts such as gathering business intelligence and market research, strategic planning, business acquisition, client management, operations, and technical execution across a wide range of global events and live marketing solutions, as well as a comprehensive study of subjects that cover every aspect and scenario of general event management, live events, activation, exhibition, MICE, and penetrating marketing.
WWI offers a chance for all its aspirants to embark on a professional journey and realise their dreams. Visit our admissions page for more details.